Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Character customization is horrible now!!!

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 22

Character customization is horrible now!!!

The customization was just fine the way it was before. Now we are forced to use the complete set of each champion. That's just ridiculous, thats not customization. I want to use the items I bought the way I want. For, example: when I play with Kinessa I used to use the Star Silver set for the body and the weapom, but for the head I used the Atomic. Whith Zhin I used the Warlod body, that you removed from the game, and the Conquero's sword. Now I am forced to use the complete Conquero's set and the complete Star Silver set. This is just unaxeptable. And that's not all. You made it even worse! During charecter selection I can't change my spray and the new sistem for selecting voices and weapons is terrible. I reallt don't understand why you had to change something that was working just fine. BRING IT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS!!!

Beta Player Grand Prince Rauyne's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 246
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4
    It really is a better system. A lot of players have seen rise in FPS and or more steady FPS and less strain on their CPU. Customization might have been removed but it definately wasn't for nothing. Also, this is a rant and should be directed to the rant thread.
    Rauyne's Champion Concept Thread

Rauyne's Champion Concept Request

#NerfDamage
    #IncreaseTTK

#HelpYourSupports

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    There is no customization right now.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Yes i agree

Beta Player Sovereign Prince SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauyne View Post
    It really is a better system. A lot of players have seen rise in FPS and or more steady FPS and less strain on their CPU. Customization might have been removed but it definately wasn't for nothing. Also, this is a rant and should be directed to the rant thread.
    Is there proof of this? Honestly if anything sometimes my performance is worse than it was before but for the most part it's really the same.

I actually find it to be a worse system if the older system was so taxing then that means it coded in horribly.
    Which it very well could have been as this is Hi-Rez and in the Khan teaser video they even admitted they forgot to code in the root when he ults.

But once again all they have to do at bare minimum is allow us to change the voice packs without it being tied to skins. (Side Note: I actually like the OB69 UI design change)

What they really should do is create two categories of items: Legacy and Costume (or something, name doesn't matter).

Legacy items would be everything pre-OB68, so OB67 and earlier.
    Costume (Placeholder name) would be OB68 and after.

The difference is Legacy items would have the functionality to be mixed and matched as they were designed with this already.

Costumes would be one set and not have any functionality like the Legacy items.

It would please both sides really.
    Players could keep their customization from before with Legacy Items and newer items would no longer have be made with mix and matching in mind.

Another problem is Global Sprays... okay so Global sprays in of itself is not a problem but the way it will be implemented is.

I like the idea of equipping a single spray but I would also like the idea of champion spray overrides in the game.
    Perhaps on most champions I want the "Git Rekt" spray equipped so a Global equip makes sense but maybe I want the "Encouragement" spray on Ying because it's so fucking adorable.

Again best of both worlds, easy and simple enough to do.

Summary: The Solution is Pretty simple.
    Last edited by SiderumNocte; 04-08-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    There was never a lot of customization options in the first place, at least for the champions I liked playing.

The new system may not help with FPS, but it allows Hi-Rez to focus on creating unique skins that are not only complex, but a joy to look at too.

Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    only "head" costumes removed, is that really so important to make this discussion about? You can still choose sound, body and weapon, also it let the developers to introduce new hot skins (such as hot demon slayer ZHIN with that hair!), I believe if removing head customization let them make more new skins easier, it could be accepted.

Beta Player Knight Shligerniger's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2

Not annoying

I don't really see the problem when you get a skin everything is supposed to go together soi don't really know why you're so mad but the spray thing is annoying.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    I like how giving us less freedom in our skins also translates into less freedom on how we spend our money on them. How many times have we just bought a skin to mix and match? Well that’s gone anyways for new skins that look a tiny bit better, and ruin what makes a character unique to your profile. So In closing great job hi-Rez at stunting your own ability to make money and pissing off your loyal players which have kept you in business. All because you were too lazy to fix your bugs and offer full set skins and skins that were customizable at the same time.

Whom ever just got their new job at hi-Rez and is trying to “shake things up.” Stop making work to bolster your own career and focus on the game that we all loved. By adding new content not taking away the patch work of a game that was great. Also 2200 health for supports was a brilliant idea! Let’s make the game even more unplayable! And with realm royale lets just rip off fortnite to make money! and abandon battlegrounds! Screw paladins right it’s just about the money because we are incompetent! Are our players are stupid

Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered
    I much preferred the older mix and match system personally. Also if anyone is getting any kind of FPS rise it's probably due to them running paladins on their 400Mhz P2 with 64mb of sdram running a voodoo 2 card..