Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye bye VIP and account boosters!

Beta Player Sovereign Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Bye bye VIP and account boosters!

I just saw this post on the oficial website, it was made almost a day ago yet I haven't seeing anyone talking about this news in the foruns. So I thought it was good thing to open a thread and get people to see this:

https://www.paladins.com/news/vip-bo...a-better-realm

Apparently good old VIP system is going away, and so are account boosters and gold weapon boosters.

The post summarizes how the players will be refunded when these systems get removed from the game. But they also mentioned a new system, the brand new Battle Pass.
    After reading a bit about it I get the feeling that it will work in a similar way as VIP does, but I'm not sure if this new currency(?) will be obtainabe through gameplay like VIP is.

What y'all think about it? And how you thinks this is gonna work? As Ozzy would say, let's speculate about it!
    Commandment number one in ranked matches:
    Never expect your team to do their job, if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Beta Player Viscount AsphyxiaXT's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    lmao I am going to get like 5000 crystals for all my VIP time from buying that VIP pack several times after ob64 hahaha.
    Well, I guess I'll also get this battle pass for "Free" since I am already VIP 5. Wonder what the mount will look like.

Honestly happy to see all these boosters and things going away, too much stuff.
    AsphyxiaXT
    The Insane
    Twitch: Twitch.tv/AsphyxiaXT
    Twitter: Twitter.com/Asphyxia_XT

Please revert Kinessa's scope!

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    First off, thanks for posting it. I wouldnt have known because i dont usually check the new website because its not really optimized for ipad yet.
    And about the actual topic,
    Honestly, i think its a step in the right direction as there was the third currency, VIP which simply was pointless and didnt have much use. And regarding boosters and gold weapons, YAY! Finally we can get those good lookin weapons which have been requested by a lot of people from a long time and boosters - never used them, except I recieved once for free when OB 64 was reverted. And game improves in some way every patch, thats good to see.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by AsphyxiaXT View Post
    lmao I am going to get like 5000 crystals for all my VIP time from buying that VIP pack several times after ob64 hahaha.
    Well, I guess I'll also get this battle pass for "Free" since I am already VIP 5. Wonder what the mount will look like.

Honestly happy to see all these boosters and things going away, too much stuff.
    Holly dang, how much have you spent on VIP packs?

Yeah it's a good thing that they are going away. They don't have much use nowadays, beside, they might be confusing for new players.
    Never expect your team to do their job, if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DOPPELGANGER7 View Post
    Holly dang, how much have you spent on VIP packs?

Yeah it's a good thing that they are going away. They don't have much use nowadays, beside, they might be confusing for new players.
    Easiest way to answer it is too much, but I have something like 1300 days of VIP lmao. Now I gotta figure out what to spend all those crystals on!
    AsphyxiaXT
    The Insane

Level
    Achievements:
    They should make it to where you can spend 1 crystal on 1000 gold! I'd totally buy 5 million gold to blow on leveling champions rofl.
    AsphyxiaXT
    The Insane

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MEDIUMMM View Post
    First off, thanks for posting it. I wouldnt have known because i dont usually check the new website because its not really optimized for ipad yet.
    And about the actual topic,
    Honestly, i think its a step in the right direction as there was the third currency, VIP which simply was pointless and didnt have much use. And regarding boosters and gold weapons, YAY! Finally we can get those good lookin weapons which have been requested by a lot of people from a long time and boosters - never used them, except I recieved once for free when OB 64 was reverted. And game improves in some way every patch, thats good to see.
    You're welcome!

I never liked the VIP system. Actually I did a gigantic thread ranting about it upon it's release.

I aways saw it as just a paywall and yet another currency to confuse new players.

I'm excited bout the permanent weapon skin too, who the hell thought that a rental skin (wich is also a booster) would be a good idea?

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by AsphyxiaXT View Post
    Easiest way to answer it is too much, but I have something like 1300 days of VIP lmao. Now I gotta figure out what to spend all those crystals on!
    I'd wait for the next festive chest to spend them. Now that parts and pieces is gone too you should be able to get some cool exclusive skins (after you go trhough the wall of emotes, sprays and mvp poses of course).

Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I literally looked at the news page today but it didn't show up or it was down the page with older posts or something because I didn't see it.

On the one hand I'm actually a little sad to see it go. I'm still around 800k away from VIP 5 if I remember correctly and now I'll never make it. :P

On the other hand this will simplify things significantly and finally make those gold weapons available to purchase instead of silly renting. They're cool looking weapons but I always refused to spend any kind of currency on rental stuff.

Overall I think I need to wait to get more details about the Battle Pass to really decide if I think this is going to be a good thing or not but it seems promising so far.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    I still wish we could keep golden weapons as cosmetic items.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!