Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Darius, Lord of the Edge

Beta Player Marquess JohnOfAllTrades's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    so you talked to me about useless ults? what does this ult brings to a champion? and a damage with two escape? an other reload thing? am not even gonna continue, maybe review your own concept before reviewing others?
    I'm sorry, but are you mentally impaired? You can't see the benefits of an ultimate that gives you knowledge of all cooldowns, invulnerability, credits, and a boost to your damage? And you do realize that damage characters can have strong movement if it is either difficult to control or highly predictable, correct? Look at Dredge (invulnerability and a potentially long range teleport). Or Cassie (frequent dodging). Or Bomb King (massive knockback).

I understand you are bitter that someone kicked you off your high horse but seriously man, try harder if you want to lash out.

EDIT: I am aware that this reply is harsh. I just can't understand how someone who practically preaches about balance doesn't understand these basic concepts of the game.
    Last edited by JohnOfAllTrades; 07-18-2019 at 10:51 PM.
    If you ever need a review for a champion concept just message me.

Paladins Champion Concept Hub

Smite God Concept Hub

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnOfAllTrades View Post
    I'm sorry, but are you mentally impaired? You can't see the benefits of an ultimate that gives you knowledge of all cooldowns, invulnerability, credits, and a boost to your damage? And you do realize that damage characters can have strong movement if it is either difficult to control or highly predictable, correct? Look at Dredge (invulnerability and a potentially long range teleport). Or Cassie (frequent dodging). Or Bomb King (massive knockback).

I understand you are bitter that someone kicked you off your high horse but seriously man, try harder if you want to lash out.

EDIT: I am aware that this reply is harsh. I just can't understand how someone who practically preaches about balance doesn't understand these basic concepts of the game.
    sorry but removing one player from your team to get more credits and knowledge? first it wouldn't be healthy for the game to have such strong infos on a team, second you would be fighting 4v5, do you watch ppl? 4v5 usually means you have to retreat or all will die, then what use would this be in ranked? where there is no communication

so yes now I totally know that you don't know much about balance

and what about this champs escapes? 2 escapes for a damage? not even all flanks have 2 escapes
    not even mentioning that the clone is well, I don't even know what purpose he has since he can't do anything

Level
    Achievements:
    sorry but removing one player from your team to get more credits and knowledge? first it wouldn't be healthy for the game to have such strong infos on a team, second you would be fighting 4v5, do you watch ppl? 4v5 usually means you have to retreat or all will die, then what use would this be in ranked? where there is no communication

so yes now I totally know that you don't know much about balance

and what about this champs escapes? 2 escapes for a damage? not even all flanks have 2 escapes
    not even mentioning that the clone is well, I don't even know what purpose he has since he can't do anything
    Lol what? Every time you decide to speak you show more and more how little you understand the basics of this game. Or even just the basics of common sense. Up to 3s of being out of the fight to save yourself is no more a 4v5 than a Strix going invisible and repositioning. A team doesn't suddenly go "Welp, this is it bois, we're losing this fight" because of someone using their movement ability. If you consider what you have to be knowledge of balance, then I'm glad that its not what I have. I actually know what I'm talking about and not just spouting off nonsense to make myself feel better about a bad concept I got called out for.

And what about his escape? Did you ignore what I said or did the meaning fly over your awfully lost head? A Damage character having the ability to move either far OR frequently is not unheard of (or even uncommon for that matter). My character obviously falls in the latter category. Yes he has two movement abilities. One lacks speed for escaping and puts him in a very predictable spot while the other has more speed but, once again, still puts him in a VERY predictable spot. And running away with his Q reduces the cooldown of one of his more useful bits of utility. Not to mention he has no cards to reset his movement ability cooldowns like many characters do as well as needing heavy loadout investment to even be able to make a noticeable impact on his ability to escape.

Oh and for the record, his clone is utility. It is just an additional Darius that cannot deal or take damage. Oh you don't get what that means? It can capture/contest the objective. It can hit people with Gravity Swell for Crowd Control. It can potentially body block shots. With the Event Horizon card it can slow people with its black hole. All of this is greatly reduced if you chose to use it as an escape instead.

Smite God Concept Hub

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnOfAllTrades View Post
    Lol what? Every time you decide to speak you show more and more how little you understand the basics of this game. Or even just the basics of common sense. Up to 3s of being out of the fight to save yourself is no more a 4v5 than a Strix going invisible and repositioning. A team doesn't suddenly go "Welp, this is it bois, we're losing this fight" because of someone using their movement ability. If you consider what you have to be knowledge of balance, then I'm glad that its not what I have. I actually know what I'm talking about and not just spouting off nonsense to make myself feel better about a bad concept I got called out for.

And what about his escape? Did you ignore what I said or did the meaning fly over your awfully lost head? A Damage character having the ability to move either far OR frequently is not unheard of (or even uncommon for that matter). My character obviously falls in the latter category. Yes he has two movement abilities. One lacks speed for escaping and puts him in a very predictable spot while the other has more speed but, once again, still puts him in a VERY predictable spot. And running away with his Q reduces the cooldown of one of his more useful bits of utility. Not to mention he has no cards to reset his movement ability cooldowns like many characters do as well as needing heavy loadout investment to even be able to make a noticeable impact on his ability to escape.

Oh and for the record, his clone is utility. It is just an additional Darius that cannot deal or take damage. Oh you don't get what that means? It can capture/contest the objective. It can hit people with Gravity Swell for Crowd Control. It can potentially body block shots. With the Event Horizon card it can slow people with its black hole. All of this is greatly reduced if you chose to use it as an escape instead.

ah yes something that can contest objective without taking damage, yes I totally want to see that in the game, I'm sure many will like it too

this ult would either be broken or useless
    not even talking about your other concept's ult which is basically a free teamwipe

okay, which damage can escape like this? I don't want a damage becoming a second zhin who can always escape

Level
    Achievements:
    ah yes something that can contest objective without taking damage, yes I totally want to see that in the game, I'm sure many will like it too

this ult would either be broken or useless
    not even talking about your other concept's ult which is basically a free teamwipe

okay, which damage can escape like this? I don't want a damage becoming a second zhin who can always escape
    First of all, you can literally just kill Darius. He's... he's right there. What even if your argument? The copy literally pops out RIGHT next to him. And it's AI controlled so its not even like it will go sit on the point at all times or anything.

Also, this ult is neither broken nor useless. It is strong which is why it has a slower charging time. The only situation where it would be useless is if you are the absolute worst at timing abilities. Even at low levels of play it can be used as a way to survive burst.

When you say "your other concept" I imagine you mean Yami, correct? Gotta be more specific since i have 50+ concepts. If you are talking about Yami.... How is that a team wipe? Its about as much of a team wipe as a Mal'Damba ult. Sure if a team groups up in the center of it and doesnt move then you can wipe the team but.. That doesnt happen. That doesnt even happen with bots.

Also, I LITERALLY gave examples of Damage characters with higher mobility. Bomb King can launch himself large distances. Dredge can teleport long distances with the smallest amount of preparation. Cassie gets frequent dodges. Need more? Willo has a good dash and an ult that gives mobility. Drogoz can literally constantly fly around and also has an ultimate that comes with the benefit of mobility. Viktor has an endless sprint. Lian can get all the dash resets in the world to dash huge distances while continuously hitting your team. Know what other benefits those all have? They are less predictable. What Darius has is more like if you put a big sign over Talus's rune and made him throw his rune at the enemy for his LMB. I'm not even questioning your knowledge of balance at this point. I'm just wondering if you've even played the game.

Smite God Concept Hub