Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points

Gerud, The Ruins Guide

Gerud, The Ruins Guide
    Role: Support
    Health: 2500

Appearance: Gerud is a relatively skinny dwarf with cheap armor made out of a green metal and dark brown leather. Gerud has short black hair with a bushy beard that has two stripes of gray hair going down the center of it. On his back he has a small pack full of rolled up maps, a rolled up tent, several canisters with extra drills in them, and a keg. His weapon is a large mining drill modified to be able to shoot the drills out at high speeds.

Abilities

Passive: Veteran Guide
    At the beginning of the match 5 points of interest appear around the map for Gerud. Each point of interest is visible to all allies and enemies. Having a Checkpoint set up at a point of interest gives Gerud a stacking 10% movement speed buff.

Left-Click: Drill Gun
    Gerud shoots a large drill out of his gun every 1s that deals 600 damage to enemies it hits. This drill passes through walls but has its speed reduced by 40% every time it passes through a wall.
    Ammo: 5

Right-Click: Checkpoint
    Gerud sets up a small checkpoint that generates ammo for nearby allies equal to 20% of their max ammo count (rounded up) every 1.5s. Each checkpoint has 1600 health.
    Deploy Time: 3s
    Max Checkpoints: 2
    Cooldown: 14s

Q: Dwarven Spirits
    Gerud rolls out a keg of strong dwarven ale that may be picked up by himself or an ally. Picking up a keg heals for 500 health every 0.5s for 1s. The keg lasts for 10s and has 1000 health.
    Cooldown: 6s

F: Map Out
    For the next 2s Gerud moves 60% faster and leaves a trail behind him. Allies that walk on the trail gain 25% movement speed.
    Trail Duration: 4s
    Cooldown: 12s

E: Home Base
    Gerud upgrades one of his checkpoints into a temporary home base, increasing it's radius by 100%, increasing it's max health to 3000, and full healing it. Allies in the area of this home base heal for 5% of their max health every 0.5s and may purchase items.
    Home Base Duration: 10s

Cards

Legendary/Talents:

Beaten Path - The area between checkpoints now heals allies for 100 health every 0.3s. Additionally, you may have an extra checkpoint out and the cooldown of Checkpoint is reduced by 4s.

Titanium Drill - Drill Gun no longer gets slowed while passing through walls, has it's max range increased by 100%, and deals 200 more damage.

Finest Ale - Dwarven Spirits now heals the ally that picks it up for an additional 20% of their maximum health over the next 3s.

Armor/Weapon:

Prediction - Hitting an enemy through a wall with Drill Gun heals you for 70/140/210/280/350 health.

Reload Canisters - Your reload speed is increased by 8/16/24/32/40%.

Seasoned - Your max health is increased by 75/150/225/300/375.

Hard Headed - You cannot be slowed by more than 50/40/30/20/10%.

Checkpoint:

Wide Room - The radius of Checkpoint is increased by 20/40/50/60/70%

Set Up Shop - The deploy time of Checkpoint is reduced by 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5s.

Quick Restock - Whenever an ally leaves the radius of a checkpoint their reload speed is increased by 5/10/15/20/25%. (Cooldown: 10s)

Pack Up - The cooldown of Checkpoint is reduced by 1/2/3/4/5s whenever a checkpoint is destroyed.

Dwarven Spirits:

Raid Party - Whenever Gerud picks up the keg from Dwarven Spirits it's cooldown is reduced by 0.8/1.6/2.4/3.2/4s.

Cellar - The duration of kegs from Dwarven Spirits is increased by 2/4/6/8/10s.

Aged - Kegs from Dwarven Spirits heal for an additional 15/30/45/60/75 health for every second they have been out.

Party Animals - Dwarven Spirits now heals allies near the player that picked up the keg for 10/20/30/40/50% of the amount it heals.

Map Out:

Dungeon Crawler - Kills and eliminations reduce the cooldown of Map Out by 10/20/30/40/50%.

Well Guided - The duration of Map Out is increased by 0.6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3s whenever an ally on the trail gets a kill.

Bread Crumbs - The movement speed gained from Map Out lasts for an additional 2/3/4/5/6s after leaving the trail.

Clear The Rubble - While Map Out is active Drill Gun knocks enemies back by 20/40/60/80/100 units.

Animations and Poses

Intro: Gerud cracks his knuckles, loads his gun, and lowers his goggles over his eyes

Reload: Gerud unscrews the loaded canister and tosses it to the side before screwing in a new one.

Emote 1 - Default: Gerud takes a long drink out of one of his kegs.

Emote 2 - Hard At Work: Gerud drills at the ground for a couple seconds before pulling his goggles up and wiping away the sweat on his forehead.

Emote 3 - Drill Battles: Gerud shoots two drills at the ground. The two drills spin around and bounce off of each other several times.

Victory Pose 1 - Default: Gerud stands holding his drill gun propped on his shoulder.

Victory Pose 2 - Focused: Gerud sits on one of his kegs, staring at one of his maps.

Victory Pose 3 - Camper: Gerud stands behind one of his checkpoints, looking around the side of it with his drill gun held up, ready to shoot.

Voice Lines

Intro 1 - "Follow me everyone!"
    Intro 2 - "If ONE MORE person makes a short joke, I'm leaving you all behind!"
    Mount - "This won't be necessary where we're going."
    Checkpoint 1 - "Ammo here!"
    Checkpoint 2 - "Marking the spot."
    Dwarven Spirits 1 - "Cheers!"
    Dwarven Spirits 2 - "Have a drink."
    Map Out 1 - "Follow me!"
    Map Out 2 - "This way!"
    Home Base 1 - "We're almost there!"
    Home Base 2 - "Set up here!"
    Purchase Item [Defense 1] - "It's a bit... snug."
    Purchase Item [Defense 2] - "This should help with any falling rubble."
    Purchase Item [Defense 3] - "Well, no traps gonna get me now."
    Purchase Item [Utility 1] - "Eh, I can use this."
    Purchase Item [Utility 2] - "I'll leave a trail with this."
    Purchase Item [Utility 3] - "I wonder what this is worth."
    Purchase Item [Healing 1] - "Refreshing."
    Purchase Item [Healing 2] - "Ahhh... That hit the spot."
    Purchase Item [Healing 3] - "It's good to have the basics."
    Purchase Item [Attack 1] - "Cobble, critters one and the same to this."
    Purchase Item [Attack 2] - "This will clear the way in no time."
    Purchase Item [Attack 3] - "Now THAT is a drill."
    Using Down Ability 1 - "I'll get back to you on that one."
    Using Down Ability 2 - "Shush!"
    Burning - "AH! HOT!"
    Stunned - "Oof..."
    Low Health - "I need to watch where I'm going..."
    Healed - "See, all I needed was to catch my breath."
    Death 1 - "We almost made it..."
    Death 2 - "Turn back.. You won't make it..."
    Last edited by JohnOfAllTrades; 03-13-2019 at 10:42 PM.
    If you ever need a review for a champion concept just message me.

Paladins Champion Concept Hub

Smite God Concept Hub

Beta Player Marquess JohnOfAllTrades's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    EDIT: This comment was lore but ignore this now since lore has drastically changed for Paladins.
    Last edited by JohnOfAllTrades; 11-24-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Smite God Concept Hub

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Well, gotta hand it to you, I have never seen anything like this. A support, based on guiding? 10 creativity points for you.
    The champion itself is also nice, I can't see why something like this couldn't exist in the game. Maybe you should buff his damage a bit, shooting though walls is pretty useless if the enemy barely notices it. And Home Base could stay up a bit longer, but have weaker healing to compensate. How about 8 seconds and 12% healing per sec? Also, a couple of cards could use little nerfing, like Wide Room, Aged, Dungeon Crawler and Easy Instructions.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMacju View Post
    Well, gotta hand it to you, I have never seen anything like this. A support, based on guiding? 10 creativity points for you.
    The champion itself is also nice, I can't see why something like this couldn't exist in the game. Maybe you should buff his damage a bit, shooting though walls is pretty useless if the enemy barely notices it. And Home Base could stay up a bit longer, but have weaker healing to compensate. How about 8 seconds and 12% healing per sec? Also, a couple of cards could use little nerfing, like Wide Room, Aged, Dungeon Crawler and Easy Instructions.
    I'm glad you like the idea. I'll be keeping his base damage the same BUT I'll buff the damage increase his Titanium Drill legendary card gives by 100. This way you better can choose if you want to play a game aggressively or not.

Home Base is now rebalanced a bit.

Wide Room will remain unchanged (It is supposed to be a strong choice for people looking to go all out with Supporting their team).

Aged will be nerfed from 100 health per second to 75.

Dungeon Crawler is being nerfed from 25/50/75/100% to 15/30/45/60%.

Easy Instructions is being reduced from 2/4/6/8s to 2/3/4/5. (Equals the duration of Barik's Accelerator field card).
    Last edited by JohnOfAllTrades; 04-20-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Smite God Concept Hub

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Ok, nice. He seems a lot better now.

Level
    Achievements:
    Added: Animation and pose descriptions.

Added: Voice Lines

Smite God Concept Hub

Level
    Achievements:
    I want this to be my new Roger soooo bump. I need more feedback. Also, I'll probably sketch some art for it to hopefully hold over until I can convince my brother to do some more art.

Smite God Concept Hub

Forum Moderator Grand Prince Peinzius's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    This is nice. Adding in voicelines, emotes and MVP poses is very cool. Nice job.
    *Disclaimer*: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the forum's Code of Conduct.

Need technical or account help? Submit a support ticket!

"I take super hot showers because I like to practice burning in hell."

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    "Gerud leaves a keg of strong Dwarven ale on the ground that may be picked up by himself or an ally to heal them for 800 health. This keg lasts for 5 seconds and has 800 health.
    Cooldown: 6s" As a primary heal i think this ability could use some tuning up, its a smaller heal and single target to the first person who picks it up i assume? other than this minor balance point i really like the idea of this deployable dwarven support, i can already imagine playing with barik+torvald+gerud for the architect scholar squad.

Level
    Achievements:
    I'm glad both of you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Netrelief View Post
    "Gerud leaves a keg of strong Dwarven ale on the ground that may be picked up by himself or an ally to heal them for 800 health. This keg lasts for 5 seconds and has 800 health.
    Cooldown: 6s" As a primary heal i think this ability could use some tuning up, its a smaller heal and single target to the first person who picks it up i assume?
    You are correct. It goes on cooldown as soon as he places it so he could place one down as soon as the other one is gone. Also, cards can increase the heal from it and can allow him to heal himself without leaving his teammates without heals (Raid Party can reduce the cooldown to 2s whenever Gerud picks it up.)

With a loadout based around heals (lets say Aged 4, Long Lasting 3, Raid Party 3, Tipsy 1, and Set Up 1 with the Finest Ale legendary card) Gerud's keg will heal someone who picks it up at the end of its duration for 1600 health. So, if you placed one down and let it sit and placed another one down as soon as possible, if someone picked both up right before the first reaches its limit they would be healed for 2,720 + 20% of their health. Of course this requires the kegs to be out for a decent amount of time but this allows for counterplay.

Smite God Concept Hub