Thread: Skye totally op.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points

Skye totally op.

It just totally took my fun out of the game. Her instant kill with the bomb, the 15 shots in her weapon and MASSIVE damage. I can just give up when I see a Skye in the opposing team.
    Its just not fun anymore.

Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    She is fine for the most part. Her problem is the Ultimate still, and that what needs nerfing... They kinda buff it (possibly unintentionally) in the new patch. The problem wasn't the ult's damage but rather it's range, and now they made shields completely useless, though it might because of a bug.

I don't mind the idea of the shields themselves breaking, as long as everyone behind them remains untouched, which isn't the case. The shield itself will break and everyone behind them WILL take 3,000 damage, no matter what. Which is really unfair cause it means now, the only way to not get hit by it, is to get into cover or get out of range. The latter is extremely hard due to the range being OP (to give you an idea, the take the radius of the explosion itself that the bombs uses, and times it by 3 to get the radius of the actually hitbox of the bomb).

Basically, this bomb does way too much damage to too many people (at one time) and isn't easily counterable. That's OP.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Hide behind almost anything (including the Payload). You can be 2 feet from the bomb if you are standing behind the payload and it won't do a single pixel of damage to you.

In my experience, I've seen people try to run away instead of run to cover. Usually cover is REALLY close, and because the range is so far, the end up getting themselves killed. Even getting up to a ledge (or jump down) and using that as cover works. The moment the icon is yellow, you are safe.

It's really not too hard, especially when you know it's coming (this just takes time).

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by kargon View Post
    Hide behind almost anything (including the Payload). You can be 2 feet from the bomb if you are standing behind the payload and it won't do a single pixel of damage to you.
    This is flat out false. Even after the rework in yesterday's patch you will still be killed behind obstacles. The only way to avoid is is to get around a corner or to outrange it, which is nearly impossible with such a short delay. I have died today behind boxes, behind the ice pillars, and behind rock formations. Unless it is a full height wall or corner you will get hit by it. The cart will block it sometimes, but not always, so hiding behind the cart is not at all reliable.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 31 days registered
    The range is just too big. It far exceeds the animation actually. I tested it in the shooting range thoroughly and it's roughly 30% bigger than it should be considering the FX itself. This 30%+ hitbox size makes it so most classes can't outrun it even with abilities and MLG level reaction time.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Community Award
    After Skye plants bomb, gogogogo run and hide! While you run my team will kill you all while you're distracted and capture the point.

Heuehuehueh balanced.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasV View Post
    This is flat out false. Even after the rework in yesterday's patch you will still be killed behind obstacles. The only way to avoid is is to get around a corner or to outrange it, which is nearly impossible with such a short delay. I have died today behind boxes, behind the ice pillars, and behind rock formations. Unless it is a full height wall or corner you will get hit by it. The cart will block it sometimes, but not always, so hiding behind the cart is not at all reliable.
    I mean, I guess that is your experience. In mine, I've found that getting behind the payload and looking for the icon to turn yellow works for me.

Outranging it is also not impossible depending on the characters you play (for me, Grover, Buck, Makoa, Bombking... mostly) but I prefer to stay close and get behind something which still allows me to fight people if I need to (or shoot at her).