Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nerf Evie's Ice Block

Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3

Nerf Evie's Ice Block

Many had already stated, "Evie is Broken".. "But why that?", I asked, when I was yet naive and it didn't took me long to realize..

Evie has two mobility skills, Soar and Blink, allowing her to quick get on enemies backs, kill a few and get out, many games I played where good Evies didn't died ONCE, simple because, even if they F.ed up they could just get out of the situation, shruging away like "Welp.. Maybe next time!".

But the thing that I feel it's the biggest problem is the Ice Block, I don't mind the mobility, a good Androxus can settle things up with her with no worries BUT the Ice Block is where it is.. Most Evies uses that card that regen her HP while in Ice Block adding to her increadible survivability with 2 mobility spells (3 if she has the Wormhole card), a life regen and 2 slows (direct fire and ult).

My suggestion is when she freezes herself in her Ice Block, make so wih her cooldowns aka make her cooldowns also freeze, example, let's say I need 3 seconds for my Soar to be ready to use, then I use Ice Block, as soon as I get out I can Soar away BUT, in this scenario, the Soar would get stuck on 3 second and would only start counting back after I break out of the Ice Block, I also increasing her HP to 2000 since this nerf would be huge to her.

It's just a suggestion.. I dunno.. Been feeling like she's a character that is too hard to put down, even if she cain't aim properly and kill anyone it's very easy for her to survive everything.

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Make the ice block breakable after taking a certain amount of damage.
    Join the Cult of Khepri for He is Love and Life!
    Wait...wrong game XD

Level
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    shes the flavor of the patch character right now.... Did you know her blink has a 4 second cooldown?

Beta Player Sovereign Prince
    The Realm of Hi-Rez (wherever that is in this world of blankness)
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Achievements:
    Forum Tier 3 Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    They're already nerfing her Ice Block.

If all go according to their plans, Evie will not be able to Blink while in Ice Block anymore.

Tho the idea of making her Ice Block acts exactly like Shields (as it somewhat do since it blocks damage and Bombs can't stick to it) will be interesting.

However if it does change into a Shield mechanics, she should still keep the Slow effect on enemies around her for when Ice Block breaks. This would be good since she won't be able to Blink away in Ice Block either anyways.
    -= Champion =-
    Someone who commits an act of the following: extreme courage, extreme awesomeness, or extreme stupidity; one who is worthy of positive recognition for such an act.
    ___ ___ ___
    Slowly Fading Away From The Forums

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered
    I will agree that the magically teleporting Ice Block gets annoying, but all it takes is one good shot, with the proper buffs, and Evie is down for the count. Still in support of the banishing of thou's yon floating ice brigade.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Hey evie is my favourite char. don't nerf. If you are playing sniper and you see her blink away, best move is to teleport elsewhere to confuse her. chances are she will go to your spot for closeup shot
    When you carry your team the entire 18minutes but still lose

Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunched View Post
    Hey evie is my favourite char. don't nerf. If you are playing sniper and you see her blink away, best move is to teleport elsewhere to confuse her. chances are she will go to your spot for closeup shot
    I understand but just because she's your favourite doesn't mean she isn't OP.. As it stands, Evie is the character with the best mobility and survavibility and her "counters" can only kinda "shoo" her away since she has so many meanings of escape and survive that it's very hard to kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFuma View Post
    Make the ice block breakable after taking a certain amount of damage.
    That is actually a good idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by FenexDragonis View Post
    shes the flavor of the patch character right now.... Did you know her blink has a 4 second cooldown?
    I'm aware.. That's why she's so hard to kill, she can blink to engage, turn into Ice Block if things get hard and blink away.. And she's hard to catch because she has two mobility skills and Soar goes pretty far, pretty fast.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Besauce u bad player

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Only Androxus can handle her right now. His alt fire does get dmg bonus while she's in ice and 700 is usually enough to get her and it's pretty easy to nail all 3 shots on the ice block.

But even with that it's quite the BS how well she can survive by being able to get in and out of combat quite easily.

Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    The ice block needs a few nerfs.

Firstly, Evie can't use her abilities while in it. I've seen Evies actually using her movement abilities while staying in the ice block to get close to her target and then burst out to do that area damage from bursting out. Or to ice block then teleport away to safety...

Secondly, make the ice block breakable.

Lastly, like you mention, have her cooldowns on frozen as well.