Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Nerf or Ban Skye

  1. #11
    Beta Player Esquire
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    38
    Level
    31
    Points: 2,711, Level: 31
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    I generally play Skye and I remember I got 1 hit from Kinessa and 2-3 arrows from Cassie. But Im not considering them OP because this game is designed as 5v5 battle so you cant think of things as its 1v1 PVP game. You counter your enemy with cards and heroes.

  2. #12
    Beta Player Count BDra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    not there
    Posts
    656
    Level
    82
    Points: 16,404, Level: 82
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 446
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Quote Originally Posted by eOtRiX View Post
    I generally play Skye and I remember I got 1 hit from Kinessa and 2-3 arrows from Cassie. But Im not considering them OP because this game is designed as 5v5 battle so you cant think of things as its 1v1 PVP game. You counter your enemy with cards and heroes.
    How dare you, using logic isn't allowed!

  3. #13
    Beta Player Grand Prince fieryred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    3,239
    Level
    100
    Points: 55,410, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 50000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BDra View Post
    How dare you, using logic isn't allowed!
    BDra they are new players they don't know how stuff works
    Demon of darkness

  4. #14
    Beta Player Baron
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Somewhere. I don't know where.
    Posts
    249
    Level
    42
    Points: 4,513, Level: 42
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Tagger First Class 1000 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BDra View Post
    How dare you, using logic isn't allowed!
    Logic on this forum?

    Quick Call the mod to ban them for trying to bring sense and Logic, to this wonderland of a forum.
    I have Opinions.

    Have a Problem that the forum can't help with. File a Support Ticket.

  5. #15
    Beta Player Recruit
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2
    Level
    2
    Points: 108, Level: 2
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BDra View Post
    Her Ultimate is really easy to avoid, you hear her placing it and you just walk out or you just make sure it isn't in line of sight (not in line of sight = no effect on you).
    That's not true at all. LoS has never blocked the ult for me (some people say it will in certain areas), and the range is enormous. The visual for the ult is walkable, but the damage range is probably twice as big.

    I think she gets "weaker" as people progress simply because she's great at picking off solos, and better players stick together.

  6. #16
    Beta Player Baron feralknights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    205
    Level
    68
    Points: 10,789, Level: 68
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Tagger First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenoble View Post
    That's not true at all. LoS has never blocked the ult for me (some people say it will in certain areas), and the range is enormous. The visual for the ult is walkable, but the damage range is probably twice as big.

    I think she gets "weaker" as people progress simply because she's great at picking off solos, and better players stick together.
    Full disclosure: I mainline Skye, she is love and life.

    LOS blocks Skye's ult as long as the cover is big enough to cover the character's hurtbox. If you're hiding behind a post or a pole or something, you're toast, but if you can duck behind tall rocks or big boxes even Fernando can run away instead of burning up his shield. I actually do think they need to make the icon indicating where the time bomb is dropped more obvious.

    @Grenoble: IMO, all flankers get "weaker" the longer a match goes on, but I agree in part-- it's more obvious in Skye's case because she's very much designed to be a one-on-one duelist while you have folks like Evie that can cause splash damage.

    The only way you're going to melt a guy with Skye is if you pop up behind them point-blank and unload with a full clip and land almost every hit of her poison arrows. Tanks are probably going to survive the full salvo before they move on-- and most players are on the lookout for Skye since she's got the defenses and HP of a wet tissue. Viktors or good Barik drive me up the wall since if he can drop a shield and two turrets at the right places, she gets rampaged.

    TL;DR: Play smart, listen for her heels hitting the ground or the smoke bomb pop, and if you hear the tic-tic-tic of her autocrossbow, check sides/flank. Trust me, you can take her down! She doesn't need any adjustments right now.

  7. #17
    Beta Player Knight
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    90
    Level
    9
    Points: 494, Level: 9
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BDra View Post
    • She has a very low total damage on her Clip (even lower than Makoa).
    • She can get behind you, but if you're positioned decently that doesn't matter.
    • Her Ultimate is really easy to avoid, you hear her placing it and you just walk out or you just make sure it isn't in line of sight (not in line of sight = no effect on you).
    Clip damage means nothing when you literally have no reload time..She'll reload 3 times by the time other will finish a single clip.
    If she gets behind you, 9/10 times you'll die
    Her ulti isnt that simple to avoid in some areas of the map, getting out of range is impossible for most champs because their movement ability doesn't take them far enough only like 3-4 champs can get out of range. Not all walls block it and while the cart is moving it doesn't block it as well. So no you cant just walk out of it lol.

    The only real counter to her stealth is Cassie's Ulti, the item is a joke as it doesn't revel her for 1sec after she uses a skill. And why do i need to spend my Item because she's the enemy? That Item exists only because of her she's the only class that can stealth and it's useless vs anyone else..unlike the rest of the items.

    Anyway skye's position right now is kind of BS. Too unique with no proper counter.
    Need a champ skill that prevents her from going stealth or some item that does that similar to healing debuff. She's the only with no real counter.

  8. #18
    Beta Player Sovereign Prince KicksBrickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    1,060
    Level
    100
    Points: 33,586, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenatsu View Post
    Clip damage means nothing when you literally have no reload time..She'll reload 3 times by the time other will finish a single clip.
    If she gets behind you, 9/10 times you'll die
    Her ulti isnt that simple to avoid in some areas of the map, getting out of range is impossible for most champs because their movement ability doesn't take them far enough only like 3-4 champs can get out of range. Not all walls block it and while the cart is moving it doesn't block it as well. So no you cant just walk out of it lol.

    The only real counter to her stealth is Cassie's Ulti, the item is a joke as it doesn't revel her for 1sec after she uses a skill. And why do i need to spend my Item because she's the enemy? That Item exists only because of her she's the only class that can stealth and it's useless vs anyone else..unlike the rest of the items.

    Anyway skye's position right now is kind of BS. Too unique with no proper counter.
    Need a champ skill that prevents her from going stealth or some item that does that similar to healing debuff. She's the only with no real counter.
    Actually, her needing to reload when the enemy doesn't puts her at a disadvantage. If you're reloading, you're not shooting, which means they can easily kill you and your bonus damage will run out. In most cases when I die as Skye it's because I couldn't reload in time to get in the final blow. Skye should be able to kill you from behind, as that is after all what she is designed to do.

    I believe we call that good ultimate positioning on her part. However it does need a significant nerf.

    There are more hard counters. Barik's turrets, Kinessa's mines, and several other champion cards reveal Skye. If you choose not to take Illuminate or another counter, don't get mad that she's able to sneak up on you.

    I tend to play Kinessa, Evie, Cassie, Ash, and Pip

  9. #19
    Beta Player Baronet
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    127
    Level
    17
    Points: 1,014, Level: 17
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I fully agree. This character is an unbalanced piece of sh*t. Inviz, movement speed and fire power. WTF? Why the developers still didnt nerf her?

    Also ULT is something. 5000 damage, are you serious? This ULT impossible to avoid because the pause is very little

    Dear developers, if you want to compete with Overwatch, you must have a perfect balance it the game
    Last edited by Onyxys; 09-25-2016 at 10:41 AM.

  10. #20
    Beta Player Duke Jusey1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,781
    Level
    90
    Points: 20,730, Level: 90
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    I personally consider her ultimate to be way too powerful, or glitchy. One way or another. I get killed a lot by it but I always go for cover... She'll have it placed outside and I'll be in the building nearby, behind a wall and still get hit somehow, for example... No idea what's going on there personally.

    Personally, if you ask me, it needs a smaller radius (a bit smaller, not a huge ton) and do less damage (3,000 instead of 5,000 - 600 damage a second for five seconds instead of 1,000) while also having the poison effect be cure-able by Support characters. However, also add in a new attribute to the weapon where it can stick to enemies and a stuck enemies will take the full blown 5,000 damage.

    The idea with this change is to make her ultimate have a specific use instead of area control (she's a stealth character, she shouldn't be area control if you ask me). This specific use is more of to target someone important and who will be near teammates a lot, such as a support and tank. This way, they have a good chance of taking down said individual while also possibly doing damage to anyone who doesn't run away, and even if the support heals themselves... They will most likely be left alone, which can make them easier to take out for everyone else on your team.

    Other than that, Skye is really just a much weaker version of Spy, which makes her more of an annoyance than a threat most of the time. The real issue is that there is no way to set her on fire or anything like that to make her easier to track. All of flank heroes can be tracked, but not her... There is no way to counter her invisibility, which is the issue and makes her a deadly force. She can jump into a fight, deal some damage (especially if she has some unique cards or match abilities) and if she gets hit too much, she can retreat so easily and be impossible to properly track unless she is just in a bad situation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •