Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: We all know that Skye is broken

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Tagger First Class 1000 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by KicksBrickster View Post
    Would it be better if I said that it is the most utterly, absolutely, ridiculously overpowered ult in the history of gaming?
    You are getting Closer. If at a slow pace.
    I have Opinions.

Have a Problem that the forum can't help with. File a Support Ticket.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    My main issue with her is the ult, but the main darts also require about 0.1 skill to use with the accuracy it has, and even when you react instantly, you still die to the poison, and if you don't for some reason, she will stealth again and kill you.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Skye isn't broken, she's just your generic pubstomp hero who completely loses any competitiveness once you go to an even somewhat higher tier of gameplay. Nearly every game has one of those.
    Personally, I believe character concepts like those are just bad design: they only serve to infuriate new, inexperienced players while adding little to no value to the game once you go beyond that point. But oh well, every type of game for some reason needs to have a stealther, so what can you do.

Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 446
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourdust View Post
    Skye isn't broken, she's just your generic pubstomp hero who completely loses any competitiveness once you go to an even somewhat higher tier of gameplay. Nearly every game has one of those.
    Personally, I believe character concepts like those are just bad design: they only serve to infuriate new, inexperienced players while adding little to no value to the game once you go beyond that point. But oh well, every type of game for some reason needs to have a stealther, so what can you do.
    She actually has a place in the game, you just need a good coordinated team.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlecx View Post
    Yeah, I agree, the ult is way too good. I got a triple kill by planting it on the point, then got quad kill by killing fernado who was at like 200 health from it.
    I got a pentakill after death with it lol... Killed me right after i planted it and then I got a penta :P

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by BDra View Post
    She actually has a place in the game, you just need a good coordinated team.
    Would you care to give an example of that? As a relatively new player, I am genuinely curious in which competitive scenario or lineup Skye would be the preferable pick over all other alternatives.
    Last edited by Sourdust; 09-19-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourdust View Post
    Would you care to give an example of that? As a relatively new player, I am genuinely curious in which competitive scenario or lineup Skye would be the preferable pick over all other alternatives.
    District 69, the winners of the 100k tournament at Dreamhack played with a Skye here: https://www.twitch.tv/paladinsgame/v/88592236

At 2:30 there's a good game with her and they played her in most matches, they didn't play her in the Final though. Week 2 didn't have good coverage for some reason and I haven't watched the NA games.

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by BDra View Post
    District 69, the winners of the 100k tournament at Dreamhack played with a Skye here: https://www.twitch.tv/paladinsgame/v/88592236

At 2:30 there's a good game with her and they played her in most matches, they didn't play her in the Final though. Week 2 didn't have good coverage for some reason and I haven't watched the NA games.
    you know why they didint play it in finals ? cuz they dont play shit vs better teams .

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    My idea is to make her stealth like Heroes of the Storm, you could still see the silhouett of invisible heroes if they move aroud

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTornado View Post
    My idea is to make her stealth like Heroes of the Storm, you could still see the silhouett of invisible heroes if they move aroud
    You already see her when she gets close...