Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: We all know that Skye is broken

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Reduce her ultimate damage from 5000 over 5 seconds to 2500 over 5 seconds. Thus, it will make healers useful and reduce her "oneshot" problem. Healing would be her effective way for counter play.

OR keep it as it's now but make it non-hittable through walls. Like this would make Barik Barricade, Fernando Shield and Makoa Shield useful vs her ultimate while making Skye useless in this part at some point.

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    you people need to play her first b4 talking nonsense .

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 100 Experience Points
    The obvious answer is to just "Git gud" /s

Seriously though, I don't see it. Her ultimate is easily dodged and it just requires being alert when she's alive. She's easy to kill when she reveals herself, isn't really hard to miss when they're not invisible, and smoke bombs just require logical reasoning as to where they would go so you can kill them.

The only thing I personally have a problem about Skye is not knowing where they are when they're invisible purely because the suprise kill they get is usually deadly, but that's the point of Skye so c'est la vie, it's like the spy from TF2, sneaking around the map for a suprise kill to have to run away again.

Counters that I've seen are being near her, playing Cassie, having a healer near-by, or just teaming up on her. As a champion I'd say she's not in need of a nerf too seriously, perhaps a damage reduce, rate of fire reduce, or a sound that plays when they decloak like, again, the spy from TF2, however I'd prefer to see hitboxes fixed first and see how that affects gameplay.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered
    Her ultimate seems fine to me. I play her pretty well, and very often. If she's gonna get nerfed it's her rate of fire or reload time IMO.

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by busheyy View Post
    Her ultimate seems fine to me. I play her pretty well, and very often. If she's gonna get nerfed it's her rate of fire or reload time IMO.
    Reload time is okay, its just getting lowered by Cards and Items. There is nothing broken, maybe just ulti.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 250 Experience Points
    I think there's something really buggy about her ult. It's enough for me to make the effort to record my games with Skye and observe when I get hit behind cover / beyond its ~22m radius...

I like the idea of introducing less damage and more utility to the ult, but at the very least potentially fixing the buggyness and tweaking the maximum range a tiny bit, to allow more consistence on both sides (both easier to escape but also not as buggy as to not hit those that it should've, which I've seen happen when I played her) would help. Right now the ult is too inconsistent, and is generally "anti-fun", punishing teams for pushing the objective and having a tight fight (IE what they should be doing to win), and making securing the objective and potentially winning the game for her team have too much reward with little risk.

As for her kit herself, I can't say. I don't like stealth gankers in games myself, but when she comes out of cloak it makes a very noticeable alert noise, and if I'm on the ball I can fight her off as most champions. I can also either make the choice of getting more Haven to resist her damage, or Illuminancy (or whatever) to increase my chances to detect her. Generally an annoying character that changes the nature of a match just by herself, but I don't think she's overpowered, other than her ult.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by BDra View Post
    I doubt that will continue as you level up. You hardly see Skye in the higher levels, she needs a good team to function.
    Yin/Yang, not Ying/Yang.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Either nerf the damage or allow it to be blocked by shields, currently it's a death sentence for tanks as even with their mobility skill they cannot get far enough away.
    Especially the last bit of the payload, either everyone leaves the area and lose the point, or you stay and die.

So many games lost/won through that bullshit.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Skye definetly needs a nerf.