Thread: Evie

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeleen View Post
    Does she even need the blink?

I didn't play her much but when I did I stacked aggression and did mostly suppression sniping and only ever needed the broom dash thingy to escape. Seemed to work really well although I guess that's not how she is meant to be played.
    I use it mostly to move faster and for the dmg buff lol she really doesnt need it.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered

I didn't play her much but when I did I stacked aggression and did mostly suppression sniping and only ever needed the broom dash thingy to escape. Seemed to work really well although I guess that's not how she is meant to be played.
    When you remove blink, she's still a really good champion i'm thinking, both blink, and soar and iceblock is just too much survivability, mobility.

Beta Player Baronet ThunderBubble's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class

No offense but i don't think you have been playing her right. I use all of her abilities most of the time whenever i get them, I get about 36+ kills a game, and are all ways moving. Blink is very useful, and if it needs a nerf, so be it, but don't take it away.

Best thing I can think of is increase cooldown by 2 seconds. and decrease damage buff. ( or remove damage buff )

Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Something that came to my attention is that every post in the forum asking Evie to be nerfed is rated 1 star by someone. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm giving five stars as I think she actually needs a nerf. I had given some ideas before and I still think some of them are great.

Her Q could be changed to a kind of mix between RMB and Q. She blinks to a spot just like her current Q already does, but leaves an ice copy of her in place, which explodes after some time like her RMB does. Her Q would need a higher cooldown and would only apply bonus damage to characters hit by the explosion, that she can cancel to explode faster.

In place of her RMB she could gain something like a wall of ice. "Now it's pure Overwatch copy!", but no, go ask Anivia.

But I think this wall of ice could go more creative, like stalagmites that come out from the ground in front of her dealing damage and throwing to the air enemies hit by it, and then staying there as a wall of ice.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Some new skills could work, she really doesn't need the blink and the soar, and the damage increase that comes with it, her weapon is already way to easy to hit up close and deals massive damage.
    Maybe just a complete rework.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 31 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatchias View Post
    I would also go so far as to suggest putting her Combo Damage passives on something like a 10s internal cooldown or something so that they are not constantly up, and if Evie means to try and burst someone she has to really think about the engagement as opposed to having that damage constantly active.
    I'd say change the bonus damage after a blink to the next shot only. But that's still 1209 + 930 damage on you, which still 2-shots everyone under 2139 health which is ridiculous. So also her fire rate should probably increase to well over 1 second?

There are so many ways they can nerf her, almost any nerf will do as long as it's a drastic reduction to the DPS, because utility champions should never have the same or higher DPS than a "standard" damage character.
    Last edited by Kadurkel; 09-21-2016 at 12:30 AM.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    She didn't come to my mind until today, i was not sure if the hero is OP or the player is good (im new to the game and i might know what half of characters do) so yeah, some stuff she did was really annoying and OP...

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by lancemisensei View Post
    She didn't come to my mind until today, i was not sure if the hero is OP or the player is good (im new to the game and i might know what half of characters do) so yeah, some stuff she did was really annoying and OP...
    Just buy it and play with her for a few lvls till you pick up the style and you will know what it means to be invincible while dominating the map. She's good at pretty much any map. Unlike some other classes which are more map specific.

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatchias View Post
    I'd say being able to Blink in Ice Block is definitely one of her problems, but also agree that there needs to be more done to her as well.

I think because of how effective her cooldown cards are she should have the base cooldown of either Blink or Soar increased so that they are not constantly up within 2-3s.

I would also go so far as to suggest putting her Combo Damage passives on something like a 10s internal cooldown or something so that they are not constantly up, and if Evie means to try and burst someone she has to really think about the engagement as opposed to having that damage constantly active.
    Base cd on blink is 4s with no specific cool down cards(requires rank 3chronos to get to 3 seconds) soar is base 10 I think which, with a max of 4second specific cdr. Chronos rank 2 will reduce this one more. Iceblock is 12 base with Max 2 specific cdr and again chronos rank 2 to reduce 1more second. You have your times wrong.

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    People forget her projectile speed is stupid slow, she needs to be on top of you or you need to walk into her shot to get any damage off. Her blink cd is low but other then that a lot of people just don't listen for the obvious audio qs from her. Hear soar? Wait till she's close and use an escape ability, wait for the blink and then force her to retreat. It's possible to prevent evie from getting any kills just by listening for her. She's meant to be a stealthy flank who has high mobility. I'd remove the bonus dmg on blink completely and she'd be balanced.
    Also a Victor with two hustle cards will hard counter her